We are thrilled to stay connected with all our students over the years. As a parent we see them come and go spanning years. Formal Alumni members however are those from the student and faculty community and also in some cases outside members who wish to remain connected with the mission and community of Coram Deo.
Please note that we moved the information on this page to coramdeo.co.za/continued-development. This page now offers an introduction to Alumni related offerings. For us the term Alumni is now reserved for 1) students who completed their foundational two year training with us at any given stage (they need not be active in counselling and as such different aspects will be of lesser/more importance to them) or 2) any narrative student who formally becomes part of our community joining in from other counselling communities 3) external practitioners who did not typically follow any of the Coram Deo programmes.
Our Alumni programme is as of the current year not a separate programme. In the past it had the connotation of continued learning. Rather, Coram Care (see below) is the primary link to Alumni although Alumni also goes beyond that and holds benefits in relation to most of our offerings and events through the year.
You may do any of these separate or in conjunction with the others.
- Supervision (A programme aimed at developing competent narrative practitioners – whether in counselling, as teachers, leaders, or in other professions provided you have completed a significant foundational programme
- Continued Development (A programme aimed at continues learning/development centred around four unique themes. Those who pay a yearly Alumni fee (included in some of our programmes) receive discount on various continued learning courses.
- Coram Care (Being part of a community of people who values a pastoral and, or, narrative approach. Sometimes it includes narrative or relevant other paradigm reading/learning; at times offering inspiration or motivation from outside speakers; self development; practices concerns and more. Please inquire.
- [Old] Alumni track (In some regions we do still offer an Alumni programme as a learning track as part of the broader notion of Coram Care.
Cost and value of Cora Care
- R300 per year community fee
- Participation in the Coram Care community (Care; Inspiration; New Ideas; Reading)
- Additional costs apply only if you and others in the community decide to set up learning, events, speakers during the year that interest the group (apart from what is arranged in the Coram Care community).
- Discount on various predetermined, programmes, events and offerings
Make your payment and join us:
Use reference: CCARE [Last Name + Initials]