- Advanced Programme Pastoral Narrative Therapy (PNT), accredited by the University of Pretoria (Intake 2021 from September)
- A short course ‘Leaning into Narrative Therapy‘ (LINT), derived from the longer/ advanced programme. (Usually March/April and potentially September).
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) programmes (also open to the public subject to Ts&Cs. Among others it include working with children, the organisational context, medical and psychological discourses, working with stories and more.
- Professional / practitioner supervision (SUP) programme accredited by the University of Pretoria (Intake anytime but usually February/March and August).
- Coram Care (CCA) programmes are presented in the context of pastoral care and narrative counseling (or more widely including general narrative practitioners) and Alumni members. Some topics (see below) address wider public audiences.
- Affiliate programmes are offered through our network of affiliates and learning campuses across the country | These are not necessarily courses/events/workshops by Coram Deo (unless stated to be). They are presented from time to time by our affiliate counsellors and lecturers in their personal capacity or in partnership. Such programmes are generally not listed here. Although, we mention the next one taking place on 26 June and 1 July: Basic skills for dealing with trauma in children going back to school.
Look out for our Coram Care programme in different areas that function as a community, or online that will be presented between March and November. Topics: Leadership, Difficult conversations., Dealing with Faith in Counselling (including Metaphors that are healing or destructive.
Please note that Covid disrupted the normal local expressions and national advancement of Coram Care. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date regarding changes and all learning events.
Schedule of remaining official programmes for the year
|Monday, January 27, 2020||PNT: Advanced Programme in Pastoral Narrative Therapy (Main Programme)||here||Various or Online|
|Friday, March 13, 2020||CPD: Faith in Counselling||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Sunday, March 1, 2020||SUP: Practitioner supervision intake (For counsellors, pastoral workers and select other helping professions)||here||See course page|
|Friday, April 17, 2020||Narrative therapy introduction (PNT Boarding Course – LINT)||here||Various|
|Monday, April 20, 2020||Narrative therapy introduction (PNT Boarding Course – LINT)||here||Various or Online|
|Friday, May 22, 2020||CDP: Working with children (preadolescence)||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Saturday, August 1, 2020||SUP: Practitioner supervision intake (For counsellors, pastoral workers and select other helping professions)||here||See course page|
|Tuesday, September 1, 2020||ENROLLMENT OPEN (2021): Pastoral Narrative Therapy (PNT)||please inquire||See course page|
|Friday, October 16, 2020||CPD: Medical and Psychological discourses (Conversation with pastoral and narrative therapy)||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Friday, November 13, 2020||CPD: Introduction to Neuro-Narrative & Neuro-Theology||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Monday, November 23, 2020||INFO EVENING: Advanced Programme Pastoral Narrative Therapy – 2021 (PNT)||please inquire||See course page|
Coram Care (Pretoria)
|Thursday, February 20, 2020||Resisting the Diet Culture||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, February 27, 2020||Intuitive Eating||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, March 5, 2020||Art: The Many Facets of Colour||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, March 12, 2020||Art: What’s in a Face?||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, March 19, 2020||Art: “Sparkling moments”||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, April 16, 2020||Pastoral care as Contemplative Journey||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, April 23, 2020||Pastoral care as Contemplative Journey||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, April 30, 2020||Pastoral care as Contemplative Journey||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||When Trauma Therapy Leaves it’s Footprints on counsellors||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, May 28, 2020||An Interview with the Human Body (Listening from within)||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, July 16, 2020||Enlightened Ageing||please inquire||Pretoria|
|Thursday, August 13, 2020||The Symphony of Life||please inquire||Pretoria|
Coram Care (Constantiakruin, West Rand)
|Wednesday, January 29, 2020||Voëlvlug oor Narratief||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2020||Traumaberading||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, March 4, 2020||Op die bank – praktiese terapie wenke en bespreking||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, March 18, 2020||Teologie en narratief||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, April 8, 2020||Op die bank – praktiese terapie wenke en bespreking||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, April 22, 2020||Teologie en Narratief||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||Gottmann en verhoudingsterapie||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||Maatskaplike uitdagings van die gemeenskap||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, June 10, 2020||Two islands and a boat||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Monday, June 15, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, July 29, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, August 12, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Friday, August 21, 2020||Verhoudingsnaweek||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, August 26, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, September 9, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, October 14, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, October 28, 2020||(Subscribe and follow website updates)||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
|Wednesday, November 11, 2020||“Ek wonder….”||please inquire||Constantiakruin|
On-demand or considered for 2021
These programmes are university accredited and follow a bi-annual schedule.
|2021 (or on demand)||Working with Adolescence and Young adulthood||please inquire||to be announced|
|2021 (or on demand)||Relational leading and storying organisations||please inquire||to be announced|
|2021 (or on demand)||Storyography: Introduction to arts in a pastoral narrative approach (art-focus to be announced)||please inquire||to be announced|
|2021 (or on demand)||Introduction to pastoral family therapy||please inquire||to be announced|
Note: Minimum and maximum numbers apply otherwise restricted to Coram Deo existing learners | Coram Deo reserves the right to allow/disallow attendance