Overview of our services.
(To make an appointment, go here)
Coram Deo offers a wide variety counselling services due to the fact that we are also a training centre for pastoral narrative therapy accredited by the University of Pretoria. We will be happy to connect with you around any of the following in either individual, couple, or group orientated processes:
- Trauma counselling
- Grief and loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationship counselling
- Family therapy and parenting (Also have a look at our Family Matters page)
- Divorce and (re)Constituted families (such as from second marriages)
- Child and adolescent counselling
- Matters relating to illness or differently abled contexts
- Counselling related to any kind of addiction
- Matters of abuse and disempowerment
- Matters of culture, gender and identity in the non-judgmental tradition of narrative therapy
- Corporate therapy, organisational topics and employee wellness also relate
Facilitation, group work and community consultation. Narrative practice is what we mostly advance. Narrative practitioners fulfill the requirement of being independent thirds party helpers where the group, department, community set the agenda for facilitation.
In our network: Formal alternative dispute resolution processes for work and family, parenting contexts.
Taking a narrative approach the conversation shifts from typical counselling concerns to pathways of growth and topics usually encountered more in coaching that counselling. A variety of topics are encountered in coaching. Corporate and organisational development topics may include leadership, executive and employee considerations. Other topics are traditionally described as performance, purpose, alignment, organisational culture, diversity, transformation, interpersonal conflict management.
Currently updating our more than a dozen helping team profiles from several learning campuses nationally and our neighbouring country Namibia.
Approach to helping
We mostly subscribe to a pastoral and or narrative approach in which respect for your life experiences are of the utmost importance. We see ourselves as partners on the journey and not as someone who will prescribe or diagnose. Your life, your story. Let’s co-create a hopeful future and collaborate on a meaningful life.
More about Pastoral and Narrative Therapy training
Read more about this: